Easy to make, light, creamy and full of flavour. This BBC Good Food recipe has become a firm family favourite. Serves 4.
- Small knob of butter
- 1 large leek, thinly sliced
- 300g risotto rice, such as arborio or carnaroli
- 700ml fish or vegetable stock
- 250ml full-fat milk
- 375g undyed smoked haddock, skinned and cut into large chunks
- 3 tbsp crème fraîche
- 100g baby spinach
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Heat the butter in a large ovenproof dish over a medium heat. Cook the leek for 4-5 mins, stirring regularly, until just tender.
- Add the rice and stir for a further 2 mins.
- Add the stock and milk, bring to the boil and bubble for 5 mins before sitting the haddock on top.
- Cover with a lid or foil and bake in the oven for 18 mins until the rice is tender.
- Fold in the crème fraîche and spinach, season with plenty of black pepper, then cover the pan again and leave to rest out of the oven for 3 mins before serving – the steam will soften the spinach.